Strange Fedora Booting problem: can not mount "LABEL=*"partitions

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Tue Apr 20 15:33:28 UTC 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 05:03:25PM -0700, Guolin Cheng wrote:
> Hi, Theodore,
>
>  Thanks for your tests. But I got the problem and got it FIXED by
> flushing out the contents of /etc/blkid.tab before cloned clients
> reboot.
>
>  I'm using the e2fsprogs-1.34-1 comes with Fedora Core 1.

Can you do me a favor and please try replicating my test using the
e2fsprogs-1.34-1 with Fedora Core 1, instead of just asserting that
the problem exists?  What you are describing should not be occurring
at all; you should not need to do the workaround.

In fact, if you need to do it, it's a bad, Bad, BAD problem in the
blkid library.  This is why I'm so interested in tracking this down.

I have not been able to replicate the problem using the most recent
version of e2fsprogs, and I would like to know the problem is still
there.  If you could try replicating the test which I did in my last
e-mail message, and the problem exists in Fedora Core 1, but does not
exist in recent versions of e2fsprogs, then I can be confident in
knowing that the problem has been fixed.  (Or was introduced in the
Fedora Core 1 changes, in which case it's not my problem.  :-)

						- Ted