Large File Copy to Large ext3 RAID5 Array Often Stalls

Calin Brabandt calinb at comcast.net
Mon Aug 2 08:38:38 UTC 2004

Thanks Alex!  I'm running 2.6 from a new install of Fedora Core 2 so it's my
understanding that the htree fixes were there all along--unless they came
with one of the Core 2 kernel updates.  Samba may be responsible for some of
my problems, but because I had the same problems with ftp and I couldn't
correlate the trouble to anything on the client machines or network, I was
ready to blame ext3 or the RAID5.  Things seem better now that I recreated
the directory structure from the server console and moved the files to the
new subdirectories, rather than copying the subdirectories from the Samba
clients.

Cal