mode data=journal. Is it safe to use?

Petter Larsen pla at morecom.no
Mon Jun 7 08:21:50 UTC 2004

Hello

I can see several postings on this mailing-list that people have problem
with mounting ext3 partition with mode data=journal.

See URL's:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/ext3-users/2004-March/msg00000.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/ext3-users/2004-March/msg00050.html

We are going to use ext3 on a Compact Flash disk in true IDE mode. We
need this filesystem to be as safe and consistent as possible. We can
not tolerate any garbage in the files after a crash or sudden power
failures. We have then decided to use ext3 with mode data=journal.

Can I rely on this?
We use kernel 2.6.5 on PowerPC 8260, and may be using newer kernels
later in the project.

Best regards
--
Petter Larsen