Directories turned to sockets

Kjartan Reynir Hauksson krh at os.is
Tue Jun 8 10:02:32 UTC 2004

A couple of days ago I noticed that a 117 directories in one of my logical
volumes had turned to sockets wich fsck does not seem to fix.  All the
affected folders(sockets) have the following attributes
srwxr-xr-x  32770 2147516917 2147516917 2147520512 and they all report the
same size of 1073758212 (1.1T).
Does anyone have an explanation as to how this could happen and more
importandly is there a way to reverse this ?

My system is Mandrake 10 with kernel 2.6.3-8mdk, if you need more info
then just ask.

Regards
-Kjartan Reynir Hauksson.