mode data=journal in ext3. Is it safe to use?

Petter Larsen pla at morecom.no
Tue Jun 15 18:09:37 UTC 2004

Hello

I try again.

Can anybody of you acknowledge or not if mode data=journal in ext3 is
safe to use in Linux kernel 2.6.x?

Wee need to have a very consistent and integrity for our filesystem, and
it would then be desired to journal both data and metadata.

But if this mode can corrupt the filesystem as both Phil White and
Nicolas Kowalski has experienced, it may be more advised to use mode
data=ordered instead.

Data integrity is much more important for us than speed.

What do you people out there say?

I also try to post this in the kernel mailing list. I have not
subscribed to the kml so if anybody there have som advisory about this I
would be pleased if you could CC me.

Petter