Desktop Filesystem Benchmarks in 2.6.3

Hans Reiser reiser at namesys.com
Wed Mar 3 09:35:12 UTC 2004

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 09:03, Hans Reiser wrote:

>>think V4 will be our last rewrite from scratch because of our plugins,
>>and because of how easy we find the code to work on now.
>>

>can we quote you on that 3 years from now ? ;-)

Yes, I think so.

We are going to add a nice little optimization for compiles to Reiser4
as a result of thinking about compile benchmarks.  We are going to sort
filenames (and their corresponding file bodies) whose penultimate
character is . by their last character first.  It seems this is optimal,
and it is simple, and it is without any real world drawbacks.  This is
easy for us because of our plugin design.

--
Hans