[BULK] - Re: unexpected dirty buffer

Phil White ext3 at philwhite.org
Mon Mar 8 19:07:43 UTC 2004

Nicolas,

Is this partition mounted with data=journal?  I get the same errors
consistently whenever I use data=journal.  In my case, it seems to be a
bug with certain data access patterns (I have an application that makes
heavy use of mmap'ed IO and can trigger these errors once a minute,
followed by a kernel panic not long thereafter).  Until this bug is
fixed, I am using data=ordered (the default), which produces zero errors.

--Phil