PROBLEM: log abort over RAID5

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 10 00:24:59 UTC 2004

Em Tue, 09 Mar 2004 23:07:18 +0000, Stephen C. Tweedie escreveu:

> It could be a disk or driver fault; bad memory, overheating CPU,
> configuration error, anything.

	Is there a full check-list around?

	About the machine itself I am quite sure.  It is a new Intel
board, Adaptec adapter and three SCSI disks, I've run CPU burn-ins and
disk tests from the LTS, and the ones which were suggested in this
list a few days ago.

> Is there a repeating pattern to the problems?

	They tend to happen at the end of the afternoon, beginning of
evening, I haven't remembered to check crontab to see if there is
something different there; there shouldn't be anything special, it is
a Debian testing system I just set up, and I have put nothing there
besides Debian packages and Oracle (iikes!)

	If you Google around you will see other people have similar
patterns.  It is reported that going back to either 2.4 or ext2 solves
the problem, but not being in production yet I'm still hoping for
diagnosis and a fix.

	Thanks for your attention!  Please tell me if anyone need more
information to diagnorse or reproduce.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm>
Maringá, PR, BRASIL