ext3 htree issues

Adam Cassar adam.cassar at netregistry.com.au
Sun May 23 02:36:54 UTC 2004

Hi Guys,

I am running ext3 on kernel v2.6.5.

I have an ext3 filesystem with dir_index and data=journal for
/var/spool/exim

Today I noticed in the exim logs a bunch of 'failed to unlink
/var/spool/exim/input/P/1BRbSP-0006hy-Jp-D'

I also noticed these in the kernel logs:

EXT3-fs warning (device hda12): ext3_unlink: Deleting nonexistent file
(612870), 0
EXT3-fs warning (device hda12): ext3_unlink: Deleting nonexistent file
(22203), 0

I have never seen this before with exim and ext3. This is the first time
I have tried running htree on the exim spool however.