Req. For Info: External Journal Pros/Cons, advisable size

M K maheshext3 at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 19:38:15 UTC 2004

I have a basic question, being new to EXT3.
What are the pros and cons of using an external
journal?
Also, for a Terabyte-sized system, what should I use
as the external journal's size? is there a general
rule-of-thumb to follow when choosing the external
journal's size?
  I know these are very basic questions, if they have
been already answered in some FAQ, please let me know.
Any suggestions and help are very much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Mahesh