HD Partition Lost??

M K maheshext3 at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 19:14:28 UTC 2004

Though this is not a hard-drive info thread, someone's
complaint about Maxtor drives caught my attention,
since I have been experiencing similar issues - quite
a few drives have been just going bad all of a sudden
after working fine for a month or two - the
time-to-failure duration is random; My experience has
been primarily with the Maxstor 250 and 300 GB drives
- which the company claims are "near-line" drives.
are there any other reliable drives that anyone has
tested ?
Thanks in Advance!