ext2online failure

Soon Wong wongste at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 19:38:57 UTC 2005

Andreas,

this appears to be an ext3 filesystem.

[root at ppstest13 ~]# mount
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw)

I'm not sure if this has any bearing, but the new partition I added to
VolGroup00 was created on newly allocated space from a virtual scsi device
that had the backing device/logical volume extended on the virtual i/o
server.  I'd thought that shouldn't be a problem as all the steps I took
prior: creating the new partition /dev/sda4, adding it to VolGroup00, and
extending LogVol00 all completed successfully.

regards,
Soon Wong