1.36 again

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Fri Feb 25 14:09:46 UTC 2005

On Friday 25 February 2005 08:42, Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 08:24:45AM -0500, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> > Given that no 1.36 has appeared from Fedora Core, I thought I would
> > create the rpm myself.  I took the 1.35-11.2 src.rpm from FC3 and updated
> > the spec file for 1.36.  However, the build fails.
>
> When patching, probably.  I expect that you need to drop a bunch of the
> patches that were applied to 1.35, and are now integrated into 1.36, or
> done differently.
>
> The only interesting patch to keep (if it still applies) is "nostrip",
> which is needed if you want the rpmbuild system to create a correct
> debuginfo rpm.

After checking all of the patches, it appeared to me that all of them had been
picked up by 1.36 so I commented out their application  ... the only
exception was the "double_free" patch which still applied although, given the
other comments by Ted Ts'o, I would question whether it is needed.

Anyway, the "problem" is twofold --

First, during the compile phase, I notice that the compilations seem to have
different parameters.

Second, during install, the build fails because it finds no intl translations.
If I comment out the "find_lang" to see how much further I can get, I get a
missing "evms" library.  Specifically, the whole "evms" subdirectory is
missing from 1.36 although there is no mention in the Changelog.

Gene