Ext3-users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 1

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Feb 3 20:35:31 UTC 2005

Often enough, even on the periodic fsck's that occur every so-many mounts, the
fsck will fail and leave me in a shell. On the Debian boot, I am already
logged in as root and the root filesystem is mounted read-only.

I then need to run fsck -f [/mnt/hd....] manually -f forces.

It will go through a series of checks. Usually, it simply ends and I do the
control D and everything is clean.

If something has occured like a hangup or power off, the journal recovery
itself might give me warnings about delete inodes, etc. Thankfully, all is
"clean" afterwards.

Ext3 has been good to me so far :-)