EXT3 journalling issue

sr ns sr_linux at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:57:16 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have 2 boxes with 1.5TB storage with ext3 fs, and the kernel is 2.6.11.8.
I'm using E2fsprogs 1.37 for FS creation. And, Filesystem revision #:    1
(dynamic)

There are 2 scenarios:
1. All SATA drives, RAID5
2. All PATA drives, RAID5 and wrapped in log volumes.

I'm having lots of issues with fsck. I did search, but somehow not getting
the right information.

needs_recovery gets set on the file system, but FS state is clean. Can I
safely ignore this? After the default number of mounts, it gets into auto
fsck, and it takes hours to finish it. Isn't it supposed to do it quickly?
Can I safely set the max mount count to zero? I appreciate if anyone tells
me more on this. I'm very new to sys admin.

Thanks..