Recover original superblock on corrupted filesystem?

Digvijoy Chatterjee digvijoy_chatterjee at infosys.com
Fri Oct 21 16:05:19 UTC 2005

You could try using using mkfs -S , to just recreate the SuperBlock,
check man mkfs before u do that.......

take a data backup too

then after superblock is recreated ...mount file system readonly..and
then run fsck...once fsck has fixed the bugs....u can remount
read/write..and ur fs is up and running

Digz