Filesystem too large...

Andreas Dilger adilger at clusterfs.com
Tue Apr 4 06:56:21 UTC 2006

On Apr 03, 2006  17:16 -0700, Brandon Evans wrote:
> I need to setup a 3.27TB ext3 filesystem using -i 1024 and -b 1024.
>
> When I try to format this partition I get the "Filesystem too large."
> error.  Are there any plans to update these limits?  are there any
> patches already available that I can try out?  Or am I just SOL here?

The same patches that have been posted here (or maybe ext2-devel?)
to increase the fs size to 16TB are applicable in your case.  They
are experimental at this stage, however, but as always, testing is
welcome.

The other question is why you want to have a 3TB filesystem with 1kB
blocks, unless you are consistently creating very small files...

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger
Principal Software Engineer