Ext3 Variables

Muhammad Asif asi.linux at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 01:01:07 UTC 2006

Hello ,
                i want to create a script that should automatically free the proxy partition i.e /var. I am able to create that script.
  But the problem is that i don't know through which variables i can check my partition's space that show me full detail i.e remaining size, etc.
  One for that is df -h and other fdisk -l /dev/hdxx.
  But when i will use if state then which variable i will use for comparision. Please help me in this regards.Can u tell me any variables in ext3 that can be used to check partitions's size
  Thanks

  Muhammad Asif