failure in do_get_write_access() at transaction.c:731: "(((jh2bh(jh))->b_state & (1UL << BH_Uptodate)) != 0)"

Zhao, Joe jozhao at ciena.com
Mon Aug 14 19:16:38 UTC 2006

Hi, Christian:

Thanks for the information.
The problem is not easily reproducible but I have noticed that somebody had raised the same issue before (http://www.redhat.com/archives/ext3-users/2002-May/msg00052.html).

I know that the kernel version I am currently running is too old. However, since it is running on the legacy product, it is not easy to convince the customer to do the upgrade.

If you can point me to where the fix is, I will probably just get the fix and replace the file(s) while keeping running 2.4.19 kernel.

Once again, thank you for your time and knowledge.

Joe