Problem with ext3 filesystem

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Fri Dec 29 21:34:05 UTC 2006

[please reply on-list, so that all can comment]

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, ..:::BeOS Mr. X:::.. wrote:
> Hey how would I check my syslog on BeOS ? I have dd. Is there I way I can use
> that to calculate my hard drive MB/s read speed ?

um, I wasn't aware that ext3fs is supported on BeOS? Otherwise it's a
bit off topic, no?

1) syslog: if BeOS has no syslog, how do you know what's wrong with the
    system?
2) if you have GNU/dd, you can send a USR1 to the dd process to see the
    progress and a MB/s value.

still, I don't see the relation to ext3 or even with the OP's problem.

cheers,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #328: