During FC1 to FC4 upgrade, Do I need to upgrade Ext3 file systems?

Robinson Tiemuqinke hahaha_30k at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 00:43:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

 I'm doing FC1 to FC4 upgrade these days and I find
that the ext3 file system features of FC1 and FC4 are
different.

For FC4, there are three more ext3 file system
features are on: they are ext_attr, resieze_inode, and
dir_index.

FC4:

Filesystem features:      has_journal ext_attr
resize_inode dir_index filetype needs_recovery
sparse_super large_file

FC1:
Filesystem features:      has_journal filetype
needs_recovery sparse_super large_file

So How do I add these 3 ext3 features to untouched
data partitions like /home after my server is upgraded
to FC4? Do I have to do it manually? or the upgrade
will do it for me automatically? I'm afraid of losing
precious data but still like to have cool new
features.

 Any suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Thanks.