Problems under Redhat EL3 and ext3

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at autotradecenter.com
Thu Jul 20 19:10:25 UTC 2006

[mailto:ext3-users-bounces at redhat.com]
> On Behalf Of Ulf Zimmermann
> Sent: 07/20/2006 12:07 PM
> To: Theodore Tso
> Cc: Andreas Dilger; ext3-users at redhat.com

The one other thing I hadn't answered before, each directory has on
average 1,293 files, deviation of less then 100 each direction. In the
old structure some directories had over 50,000 files and it didn't seem
to slow it down. Dir_index was not enabled on the systems, so I enabled
it on one node, waiting for something to finish before I can unmount it
and run e2fsck -fD on it.

Ulf.