chattr +T not implemented?

Herta Van den Eynde herta.vandeneynde at cc.kuleuven.be
Mon Jul 10 10:29:50 UTC 2006

We run a third party application that creates an inordinate amount of
subdirectories in a single directory.  To speed up I/O, I wanted to set
the T attribute on the directory that will hold the subdirectories.  The
"chattr +T /usr/local/lepus-bb/a-0607" command returns status 0, but
when I verify the setting, the attribute isn't there:

   # lsattr -d /usr/local/lepus-bb/a-0607
   ------------- /usr/local/lepus-bb/a-0607

Is this attribute implemented?  The manual pages entry for chattr
suggests it is, but when I check the chattr usage, "T" isn't listed:

   #chattr -v
   usage: chattr [-RV] [-+=AacDdijsSu] [-v version] files...

FWIIW
   # cat /proc/version
   Linux version 2.4.21-40.ELsmp (bhcompile at hs20-bc1-7.build.redhat.com)
   (gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-54)) #1 SMP Thu Feb 2
   22:22:39 EST 2006

Kind regards,

Herta