Needed help to fix corrupted ext3 fs

Kevin Strong kstrong at criminalinfo.net
Fri Jun 23 12:54:39 UTC 2006

Does the filesystem mount okay on boot (but the apps you mentioned don't
start) or do you have to drop down to emergency repair root, log in, and
init 3 yourself?
Also, could you send the output of a simple 'mount' command as well as
the output from 'df -Tla', and 'cat /proc/filesystems', 'cat
/proc/ide/hda/settings', and 'cat /proc/ide/hda/driver' ?

I assume you've already tried 'mount /dev/hda3 -oremount,rw' ?