inode iblocks count changes by -8

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Mar 14 15:18:15 UTC 2006

Hi all!

Several times now I have seen the following: fsck-ing the ext3 fs I get
hundreds (if not thousands) of messages:

Indoe NNNN, i_blocks is K, should be (K-8). FIXED:

Interestingly the difference is *always* *always* *always* 8. Can
someone explain me what was going on? Why this?

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert

PUDSEY (n.)
The curious-shaped flat wads of dough left on a kitchen table after
someone has been cutting scones out of it.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff