how to prevent filesystem check

Sebastian Reitenbach itlistuser at rapideye.de
Wed Nov 29 08:29:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

"Pengcheng Zou" <pengchengzou at gmail.com> wrote:
> use 'noload' option to mount the readonly ext3 filesystem on the slave
> host, so the journal will not be loaded.
with the noload option, following output is shown at the mount
 command:
 mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb2,
 missing codepage or other error
 dmesg | tail or so
 and in /var/log/messages:
 Nov 29 09:17:17 srv3 kernel: ext3: No journal on filesystem on sdb2

as this is a valid option, the same fs type, must be a bad superblock?
is ther anything I can do about it?

> BTW, this kind of setting could have some cache-coherence problem. why
> not do it correct way by using some kind of network filesystem (NFS)
> or clustering filesystem (GFS,Lustre)?

yes, I need to take a look at these file systems.

Sebastian