FS corruption? bogus i_mode

Rajaraman Ramanarayanan ramanara at cse.psu.edu
Thu Oct 26 15:46:11 UTC 2006

Thanks for the response. I am actually exposing the processor to neutron
radiation which makes it vulnerable. Otherwise the processor and the
system works fine once it is take out of the radiation. But this one time
when the FS was corrupted i had to re-install the full root file system as
it had corrupted the bin directory itself. But i have backed up the data
(using dd command) to find out what exactly happened.

And it looks like the FS is corrupted such that many of the fields are
corrupted (including size, file type, author etc).
Thanks again! Sincerely,
Rajaraman