Compact Flash, EXT3, and IDE - a bad idea?

Stephen Samuel darkonc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 03:34:08 UTC 2007

Just off the cuff, I can't see it being likely an Ext3 problem -- as
long as the driver is passing along the proper device size ext3
shouldn't have any problems -- However, if you have any questions
about that, you should explicitly pass mkfs (or mkfs.ext[23] an
explicit size parameter).

( in that respect, I'd be more interested in seeing /proc/partitions
than /proc/interrupts).

check to see if you can do a raw write of the entire device (dd
if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=10k). It's about as simple as  you can
get, and it chould tell you more about the style of te problem.

--
Stephen Samuel http://www.bcgreen.com
778-861-7641