File system checking on ext3 after a system crash

Balu manyam balu.manyam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 11:23:57 UTC 2007

Ted -- Thanks for your response - It was indeed very helpful.
I realized a full fsck was enforced due to  the FS went unchecked for more
than 180 days (default period when the FS was created with mke2fs -j
<blockdevice>)

So my question for you and folks in the group -- Can I safely disable this
behavior   of  routine fsck  with tune2fs -i 0 <blockdevice) .(By doing this
I am assuming that the e2fsck program does a log replay whenever there is a
system crash - and a manual intervention is needed whenever this fails.)

Are there negative implications by doing the above.

Thanks for any suggestions/Advise.

//Balu