Poor Performance WhenNumber of Files > 1M

Coly Li coyli at suse.de
Fri Aug 3 17:54:48 UTC 2007

How about the file size ? If the size is small, another performance kill should
be on disk inode layout. Because the order of access dentries of dir is probably
different from the order of allocating inodes in inode tables. This will make
much time wast on hard disk seeking for the first time.

Just FYI.

Coly