Soliciting contractor for FS corruption analysis [was: Re: Second Block on Partition overwritten with 0xFF]

Tomas Pospisek ML tpo2 at sourcepole.ch
Tue Dec 18 12:53:40 UTC 2007

(this is a repost with the subject and slight text corrections)

Hello Ext3 world,

my customer is still experiencing a too high percentage of machine
outages with corrupted superblocks - roughly 10% of our embedded PC
population.

Thus we are looking to contract an expert to resolve our FS problem.

The details of our problem should be roughly sketched in the previous
thread (please look in the ML archives for the thread "Second Block on
Partition overwritten with 0xFF").

We can provide images (as in dd if=/dev/hdx of=disk_image) of the
corrupted file systems. We are also ready to organize travel to our site
(Switzerland) if necessary and/or live access to our units.

Also any pointers to experts on the subject of ext2/3, IDE, flash cards
are highly appreciated.

Once again, any and all pointers to sources of help for our problem are
very, very appreciated, please do contact us! Thanks in advance,
*t