journal corrupted on / filesystem

tweeks tweeks at rackspace.com
Tue Jul 3 20:01:01 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 02:31, Jordi Prats wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm getting this errors on the / filesystem:
[...]
> I supose I should remove the journal (get it back to ext2) and recreate
> it (tune2fs -j /dev/...) It's possible to do it without rebooting it?
> It's no problem to turn it to read-only (it already is on that mode)
> Whitch command I should do to achive his?

Just remount as ext2:

# mount -t ext2 -o remount /

Tweeks

expressly indicated, is confidential and privileged information of Rackspace
Managed Hosting. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed
material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please
notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the
original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.