large ext3 filesystem consistantly locking itself read-only

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Tue Jul 17 23:10:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Thomas Walker wrote:
> Jul 17 09:01:06  kernel: Info fld=0x0, Current sdd: sense key No Sense
> Jul 17 09:01:06  kernel: EXT3-fs error (device dm-3): ext3_free_blocks_sb:
> bit already cleared for block 786856796

...the rest of the errors seem to stem from ext3, but what about the
"sdd: sense key: .." message above? Are there more device related
messages? If so, this could be the cause for ext3 to barf.

>  If I run fsck it does seem to repair bad blocks

as in "bad blocks on disk"? No good then. Try to rule out device errors
first (HBA driver, cabling, cooling, etc.) before doing more e2fsck
work...

--
BOFH excuse #191:

Just type 'mv * /dev/null'.