Please How do I calculate the offset of a file within a ext3 partition

William Tambe tambewilliam at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 19:17:40 UTC 2007

Thank you for warning me, I am already using a specific file as my swap,
so I had already done mkswap on it.
I only wanted to be able suspend on it and resume from it using swsusp.
To do that I needed to give to the kernel as arguments the following:
resume=<swap_file_partition> resume_offset=<swap_file_header_offset>

So I had to figure out a way to find out where the header of my swap
file was.
I haven't tried it yet, I rather want to backup my file first, in case
something wrong happen.

Sincerely,
William Tambe