poor read performance

Ling C. Ho ling at fnal.gov
Sat Jun 30 05:18:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

Did you see any difference when different block size is used (for
example, dd with bs=64k or 128k)? Try also change the read-ahead cache.
blockdev --getra /dev/sdd to see what is the current value, and blockdev
--setra 8192 /dev/sdd to change it. 8192 is a good number that has been
working well for me for the similar size setup.

ling