whoops, corrupted my filesystem

Andy Lindeman a_lindeman at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 2 11:43:34 UTC 2007

Hi Andreas-

Is it known what happens when e2fsck is run on /dev/hda2 instead of the
volume device?

I've run e2fsck on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 and it gives me multiple
"Block bitmap for group 0 is not in group. (block XXXXXX) Relocate<y>?".   I
select y (actually, I ran with automatic mode.)  This doesn't seem to help
matters.  When I rerun e2fsck, I get the same errors on the same blocks.

Thanks for your help!  Andy