How To Recover From Creating >2TB ext3 Filesystem on MSDOS Partition Table?

Ling C. Ho ling at fnal.gov
Mon Mar 12 20:05:21 UTC 2007

Can u recreate your sdb1 using parted, but specifying a different end
size, or just use "-1" ? And maybe try changing the label to "gpt" ?
Then run e2fsck -n and see what it does. I wonder how you were able to
create a 4TB ext3 filesystem with the msdos label under SL4.3. Never
worked for me without the labelling it gpt.