Error mounting

Maxi Belino maxi.belino at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 22:44:56 UTC 2007

Hi all,

i'm new in the list so i'm sorry if this i'm posting is off-topic or it was
already answered before.

I'm having this problem; i've got an ext3 8GB partition and it doesn't
mount, the cause of this: a user (yes me!) running fsck.ext3 with the
filesystem mounted, ups! (snif, forgive me!!, totally newbie and mad)

errors while booting:

EXT3_fs error (device hda4): ext3_check_descriptors: Blockbitmap for group 0
not in group (block 41471)!
 EXT3_fs: group descriptors corrupted
mount: error 22 mounting ext3flags defaults
well, retrying without the options flags

and repeats this again twice; then:

pivotroot:pivot_root (/sysroot, /sysroot/initrd) failed:2
umont /initrd/sys failed: 2
 umont /initrd/proc failed: 2
Initrd finished
Freeing unused kernel memory: 240 K freed
Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to
kernel

and it freezes

Booting with Knoppix 3.2 it mounts all partitions but hda4, it gives this
error:

mount: wrong fs type , bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda4,
or too many mounted file systems

i've already test running dd_rhelp and it grabs an 8GB file without problems
but then, i can't mount it (using mount -o loop ...)

If there's a solution or any chance i can get data from this partition i
would love to hear how, if i'm really fried i'm already prepared.

regards,
Maxi