tunable parametrs

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Wed May 23 20:08:56 UTC 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Nutakki, Dilip Kumar wrote:
> I want to know the tunable parameters in ext2/ext3 filesystem. What are
> the tunable parameters and what is the effect of tuning those parameters
> on filesystem?

for starters, there's tune2fs(8) and mount(8) (look for "Mount options
for ext2") and then there's some documentation on the SF project page:
http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net/ext2.html

Although the "effect of tuning those parameters" is somehow "documented"
in these documents, only testing (you particular usage-scenario) will
tell the real impact...

C.
--
BOFH excuse #417:

Computer room being moved.  Our systems are down for the weekend.