Bad magic number in super-block

Nickel Cadmium nicdnicd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 06:48:25 UTC 2007

Hi!

Tom, thanks a lot: you solved my problem!

With fdisk -l I discovered that the partition I was trying to mount was a
Windows partition. The weird thing is that /dev/sdb1 used to be a Linux
partition. Thinking of it again, I had to pull apart my computer after the
crash and I probably shuffled the disks around (or could the renumbering /
device reassignement occur even without hardware change?).
But in short, the partition I was looking for is now in /dev/sdc1 and
updating the partition table solved it all.

Thanks & cheers,
NiCd