remounting ext3 file systems

Stephen Samuel darkonc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 02:32:25 UTC 2007

As long as you don't don't set any other options which would disrupt with
what the running processes are doing with the files on that filesystem, you
should be fine.

(for example: remounting the system readonly while files were open rw would
be problematic for the processes involved, and I don't know what would
happen if  you remounted a filesystem nodev while people had devices open on
it).

--
Stephen Samuel http://www.bcgreen.com
778-861-7641