ext3-fs error with RAID 5 Array.

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Mon Sep 3 06:46:40 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007, Kannan Raghuprasath wrote:
> After fsck.ext3 i am able to mount the device again

Wow, fsck did quite a few things, you probably checked /lost+found for
missing data. Did you fsck again after fsck fixed things?

> but after anther 20 hours of backup i am seeing the
> same error again and partition remounts itself as
> read-only.

Unless you're hitting some crude, new, unidentified bug in ext3,
I still think the corruption is hardware related. But the logs are
clean, you say. Hm, can you try a current (vanilla) kernel? Lots of
stuff happened since 2.6.11 (03/2005). Not being an expert, only
CONFIG_LBD and CONFIG_LSF comes to mind, but I assume the FC kernel has
set these.

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #378: