How to sell linux tools?

Joseph Chen cax0cn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:26:35 UTC 2008

Suppose Lakshmi is going to write ext3 or file-system related tools. Unless
your software is really good and urgently needed by some small business
groups, it's hard to sell linux software for money. When using choose, it
means everything is freely available. I'd show m 0.02 here, hope to be
helpful:

1, Have a Try with SaaS. Share your programming experience with some
startups, and serve as an consultant.

2, Looking for freelance jobs on oDesk, eLance, there are some developing
positions, and you can serve as a dedicated programmer as what you did.

3, Start your own opensource project if you know the linux market quite
well.(I know that recovering data from a failed RAID or disk is a good
market)

All the best,
Joseph

Sponser and operater: Linux monitoring solution: http://admon.org