corruption happening sometimes when I do a shutdown -r now

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 06:42:13 UTC 2008

Reply in-line :-

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 05:55, Eric Sandeen <sandeen at redhat.com> wrote:
> Christian Kujau wrote:

<snip>

>> Hm, this commit is from 02/2007 and his Ubuntu kernel says 2.6.27 where
>> this particular patch has been included already. Are there any other
>> commits which may be able to fix this?

> Hmm good point, it probably is in there.

Hi guys,
       That's what I thought. I saw the commit is from 02/2007 but
don't know if this particular commit is there in kernel or not.

>>> [ 158.989493] EXT3-fs error (device sdb7): ext3_free_blocks_sb: bit
>>> already cleared for block 493569
>>
>> ...could bad RAM be the reason for such a "hickup" too?
>
> It's always worth testing ram I suppose :)

I can test the RAM using the memtest 86+ . Would a single series of
test be good enough or should I let it run for few hours? Either way
can do.

<snip>

Looking forward to suggestions for the same.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal