32k Blocksize Support

D Landy davidlandy at clara.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 08:43:08 UTC 2008

Hi!

I'm trying to upgrade the hard drive in my PVR, without losing all my
existing recordings.

The trouble is, the data partition on the drive is in Ext2 format, but with
32k blocks -- so it can't be mounted in Linux, and the standard partition
resizing tools won't touch it (they say it has an invalid superblock).

I've managed to copy the entire old drive (80gb) to a correctly-formatted
new drive (160gb) using dd, and then restored the partition table correctly
(again with dd). The disk works fine, but it looks like an 80gb drive to the
PVR as the superblock etc are still set for 80gb.

Can anyone think of a workaround for this problem? Are there any partition
resizing tools that will touch 32k-block partitions? Has anyone seen a tool
that will fix up the superblock and sector allocation tables? Could anyone
write one?

Any help would be much appreciated.

David