[OT] Re: corruption happening sometimes when I do a shutdown -r now

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Tue Dec 23 08:28:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, shirish wrote:
> a. Its an IDE hdd ?
> I know Ubuntu moved to SCSI emulation about a year, year and half back.

ITYM "moved to the new PATA/SATA IDE stack". And obviously they did in
Feisty[0].

> b. Could it be this output in dmesg ?
> $ dmesg | grep "Driver 'sd'"
> [    5.704236] Driver 'sd' needs updating - please use bus_type methods

This one is also common[1], but really related to SCSI this time.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with ext3 any more and maybe this
discussion should be taken elsewhere...

Christian.

[0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/libata-for-all-ata-disks
[1] http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2008/1/10/555023
--
BOFH excuse #221:

The mainframe needs to rest.  It's getting old, you know.