exthide - Linux File hiding tool

lakshmi pathi lakshmipathi.g at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 05:05:31 UTC 2008

Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
Yes,i need to improve a lot on my coding skills,
i'll surely learn and implement it soon.

After hiding a file,i executed fsck program.

fsck said :
Unattached inode 6932386
Connect to /lost+found?

 i typed 'yes',the inode is placed under /lost+found directory.
Now i tried to run exthide to unhide the file.The file is placed in its
directory.
yes,the hidden files are exposed during fsck.

i don't think exthide will crash the harddisk.
I agree exthide makes the standard file system into dirty,
but i don't to think exthide is a dangerous program,
as long as user hides minimum number of files with it.
[I may be wrong here - please correct me if i'm wrong.]

Thanks once again for your comments.

Thanks,
Lakshmipathi.G