indexing symbolic links

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 13:12:26 UTC 2008

Find or ls I can check for symbolic links, but the file system is very
large. About 250GB and I have several of them.
I was wondering if  ext3 kept track of these things, apparently it does not.

At my university, we have physical storage in a filesystem, and we assign
professors and students space by doing a symbolic link. Basically I want to
keep track of physical storage with virtual/logical storage. Thats why I ask
:-)

TIA