Filesystem fragmentation and scatter-gather DMA

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Tue Mar 18 01:14:12 UTC 2008

On Mar 17, 2008  13:11 -0400, Ric Wheeler wrote:
> I have a simple bit of c code that uses fibmap to dump the sectors/blocks
> for a specific file. If you like, I can send it over to you.

Hmm,  I could have sworn "filefrag" did this, but it doesn't have any
mode that actually prints out a list of blocks, only the discontinuities
in the file...  We are adding a new "extents" output mode to filefrag
which prints block mappings in a more useful manner, but it isn't in
upstream e2fsprogs yet.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger