When is a block free?

Theodore Tso tytso at mit.edu
Wed Oct 1 21:29:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 01:46:00PM -0600, Chris Worley wrote:

> Maybe that should effect the priority of implementation for ext[34]?

It's on our todo list, but at the moment you can't even *get* SSD's
that have the trim command, apparently for love or money.  So that
affects the priority as well.  If someone wants to ship me an SSD that
has trim support, ideally in a 2.5" 9mm hard drive SATA form factor
with at least 128gigs, I promise you that would affect priority of
that feature, at least for me.  :-)

						- Ted